ALI Group is committed to the effective handling and resolution of complaints and disputes and views this as a key means of ensuring that the products and services offered by us and our representatives are provided efficiently, honestly and fairly. This commitment extends to our policy holders, insurers and distributors.
ALI Group’s complaints and disputes resolution procedures have been created to comply with:
- the Corporations Act and Regulations;
- ASIC Regulatory Guide 271: Internal dispute resolution;
- Australian Standard AS/NZS 10002:2014 Guidelines for complaint management in organisations
What to do if you have a complaint
1. Call, write or email us and we will try to resolve the matter as soon as possible. Please provide us with information about your complaint, including:
- Your full name, address and contact phone numbers;
- Your policy number;
- A description of your complaint;
- Any documentation or information in support of your complaint and that may help us resolve it; and
- How you would like your complaint to be resolved.
You may wish to also use the Complaint Notification Formto assist you with detailing your complaint.
We may ask you for further information to enable us to fully investigate and resolve your complaint.
Our contact details are:
Phone: 1800 006 776
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 1800 260 860
Postal address: GPO Box 4737, Sydney NSW 2001
2. Where your complaint is in relation to the credit activities of one of our representatives, we will refer your complaint to that representative for their investigation and resolution. Where your complaint is in relation to a policy claim decision, we will refer your complaint to the insurer for their attention. We will advise you if we refer your complaint to another party for their attention.
Timeframes for our response
We will attempt to resolve your complaint immediately, but if we cannot, we will acknowledge your complaint and advise you of the procedures we will follow in handling and investigating your complaint.
We will keep you up to date regarding our progress and will endeavour to respond to your complaint within 30 calendar days. Our response will be in writing and will advise you of the outcome of our investigations and our proposed resolution of your complaint. If we cannot resolve your complaint within 30 calendar days, we will write to you and provide you with details of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority so that you may consider taking your complaint to them.
Your complaint will not be investigated by a staff member who is in any way involved in the subject matter of your complaint.
Need additional assistance in raising a complaint?
We understand that customers may require additional assistance when lodging a complaint due to illness, financial hardship, experiencing vulnerability or where there are literacy issues.
If you need assistance with submitting a complaint, please phone us on 1800 006 776 and we can discuss with you how we can help you through the dispute process.
Still not satisfied?
If you do not feel that we have satisfactorily resolved your complaint, or we have failed to do so within 30 calendar days, you may wish to consider taking your complaint to our external dispute resolution service, the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). AFCA provides accessible, fair and independent dispute resolution services free of charge to consumers. Their details are:
Australian Financial Complaints Authority
Phone: 1800 931 678
Email: i[email protected]
Postal address: GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001